[Freedombox-discuss] Project plan?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Sat Apr 30 10:36:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:32:35 +0100, Anthony Callegaro <callytic at free.fr> wrote:
> Myself I am trying to get some time to implement a Dropbox replacement
> as I need one for a work project. So I am evaluating all solutions from
> Sparkleshare http://sparkleshare.org/ to lipsync
> http://philcryer.github.com/lipsync/ and even tahoe-lafs, scripted
> unison, etc etc. Once I have something working I will try to package it
> and then link it with the rest of the architecture.

You might want to look at the latest in git annex:

  http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/new_git-annex_use_cases/

For those not aware, git annex is an add-on written by Joey Hess that
allows one to treat files that one wouldn't want to bloat a git
repository with (i.e. photos & music) pretty much as though they were in
a git repository, with the added bonus that if you delete them, they're
not still cluttering up the repository.

More info here: http://git-annex.branchable.com/

As mentioned on the "what git annex is not" page there, someone is
building a FUSE filesystem on top of git annex called ShareBox:

  https://github.com/chmduquesne/sharebox

Cheers, Phil.