[Freedombox-discuss] Fwd: assigned numbers without ICANN

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 13:18:41 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pierre Fenoll <zmindster at gmail.com>
Date: 30 April 2011 13:01
Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] assigned numbers without ICANN
To: Thomas Lord <lord at emf.net>

Sorry if that was pointed out earlier, but what I don't understand is this
very socio-economic situation between Admins & Users.

As I've understood:
• you need people with higher privileges than others
• you need "exit nodes" with sic: "preferably fixed IP addresses"

Are you asking for some kind of virtual network w/ exit nodes à la Tor and
thus a client/server design?

I'm not a saying that what you've done is shitty and BTW I'm pretty
impressed by this mastering of a design. I'm just a bit lost & can't see the
decentralization. Thanks