[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Webserver

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Aug 2 20:26:01 UTC 2011

On 11-08-02 at 03:34pm, Ted Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 20:01 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Initially I will use apache2-mpm-worker due to failure in getting
> > nginx or lighttpd to sensibly support content-negotiating - which is
> > needed by jwchat which I've thrown in as a crude initial web app.
> >
> > I will make it easy for developers to switch to other httpd
> > implementations, though.
> >
> > Therefore: fans of nginx, lighttpd, cherokee etc. please help
> > provide content-negotiation config snippets for your favorite httpd,
> > and I'll add it to the mix!
>
> Where are you keeping this work? Is it in a repository somewhere? I
> checked on the wiki, but couldn't find anything.

My work is called "boxer". More info here:
http://git.emdebian.org/?p=upstream/boxer.git;a=blob;f=README

> I admittedly haven't been paying close attention, but it's
> exhilarating to see actual work getting done.

Boxer was recently mentioned on this list in a thread named "Simple way
to help out here and now very concretely":
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-July/002321.html

That said, I understand how this list is tough to follow.