[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Progress Report

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:15:02 UTC 2011

On 4 August 2011 22:06, James Vasile <vasile at freedomboxfoundation.org> wrote:
> They've got video up!  Progress report is at
> http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/704.en.html

Good progress.  Thanks for sharing.

If OpenPGP has been decided as the user centric identity system.  I'd
like to point out this piece of code on java.net that converts an
OpenPGP key to a WebID

https://svn.java.net/svn/sommer~svn/trunk/misc/FoafServer/pgpx509/src/net/java/dev/sommer/foafserver/utils/PgpX509Bridge.java

This is what I do and is working very well for me.  I think publish my
OpenPGP public key on my homepage, which is regularly monitored to
establish a key history.  Note in this way you already build up a
public web of trust for free as other people link to your key (via
hyperlinks) which acts as an implicit endorsement.