[Freedombox-discuss] Unhosted

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:52:25 UTC 2011

host-proof hosting vs. instant data liberation -
https://groups.google.com/group/unhosted/browse_thread/thread/52bfbe9c7117df84
what do you think?

Web Apps hosting along with web apps identity, API design patterns and
conditions, p2p clouds..
 - all  are the topics of increased interest among Mozilla,
as a major developer of these
and  the whole FLOSS community.

I think - it's all on FreedomBox Foundation's area of development and
implementation interest.

Along the lines - it's clear that FreedomBox lack of full-time
dedicated developers in all areas.
I think it's due to unclear money-rising and resource planning policy,
for example
- Unhosted developer was being able to leave the previous job and work fully
on the new, social freedoms project, because of social fundraising and
social promise that project arose.

I have started the "Money - Paid contribution" topic
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-July/002233.html

I wonder if TAC would describe their politics and plans on project
resources. Again,
it's clear to me that project with all the right ideas - just lacks
the in-team developers to
upraise something awesome, something really useful for people
everywhere, i mean - real product.
Experienced developers, architects, designers aren't fighting for
it(FBX), because they work full-day on other,
paid jobs.
As was said previously on this list - there are a need of something
really useful right now, it was yesterday,
and FBX Foundation as a Freedom(box) Foundation is failing it,
already. I don't see the methods besides
these like Mozilla or Ubuntu uses (paid job -
http://www.canonical.com/about-canonical/careers)
to rise something so massively-wide and challenging as FreedomBox(s)