[Freedombox-discuss] Paid FB developers

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon Aug 8 17:26:06 UTC 2011

* dr at jones.dk [2011-08-08 Mon 18:04]
> I recommend googling/duckduckgo'ing for dunc-tank (yes, with "c") and
> read up on that experiment of throwing money at Debian developers a few
> years back.

I read your comments as dismissive of the general idea yet the dunc-tank
experiment didn't seem all bad.

As an individual I'd expect the simplest thing would be to donate to the
Freedombox Foundation. Bdale mentioned the possibility of employing a
UI/UX designer/developer in his presentation at Debconf, so it would
seem that there is already some investigation into this underway.

Were you really dismissive of donations or just trying to prompt some
philosophical debate?