[Freedombox-discuss] Freedom databases >>> Hosting

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 23:00:31 UTC 2011

I'll describe one of my points on the problem, shortly.

As you could see - the most of alive FLOSS social networking projects are
in a process of migrating to a lite, un-coupled platforms, some hot new DB's,
all to make it useful fast and everywhere, i think it's right future for FBX
networks, as they should be useful for everyone - not only for FBX/in FBX,
but on every Open Mobile.
In the light of a next Web, Augmented Reality, it is
vitally important for a FLOSS community to go through hell and purgatory
 but manage to create such a platform,
maybe based on FBX's, hopefully - into FBX's to centralize the
development platform.

If FLOSS community won't manage to make it happen - Corporations of
Telco's and kinds
would quickly manage to store the private and important data of
today's networking systems
into proprietary vaults. It could be called the B2B conception, but it
would be the
conception to take back the telecommunications that are increasingly free-ing
with wireless and other cheap or free communications.

It could start in many ways, but, probably could lead to the same..

It may be the hot new telepresence company which would increasingly
scan the surrounding space
for an accurate placing of 4D teleconferenced buddies (you know -
simple targets and GPS ain't cool)
It may be the known company scanning "for you" your neighborhood with a Kinect,
the WiFi/Bluetooth/blabla scanning for a better Ads,
the surveillance system for your stolen or missed device,
and much more.

Now - every major corporation hold a hand on something geo-locating,
even so some
doesn't clearly understand for what reason, i guess.
There are a countries where such a scanning and DB'sing would be done
from taxes, seamlessly.
It is a new era of GIS.

The next step from this would be the temperature scanning for a global
warming prevention (i'm kidding),
 the next is creating the governance databases of physical,
psychological, and other portraits within an increasingly
amazing databases, closed of course (i'm not kidding).

I could continue on and on, could show facts, statistic, analytic.
But you are, probably, see the sparks of this future already.

I realize that it's all - the kind of "next worry"
for a FBX project.
But we need to compete now while we can,
or there would be too late.

The situation i'v seen in Pointclouds and similar communities
is that people there use the systems for Open Computer Vision,
it, basically, means - robots vision, see the -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeCZDBHrJs

As a result of the process - the databases are generated.

As a result (or across the process) of generation,
in my, better, world - the databases
are being stored as Free, Decentralized and Secure as possible.
----

That is a one point for a FreedomBases,
please - share your thoughts on data-basing needs.