[Freedombox-discuss] Should OpenUDC join FBX ?

Caner Candan caner at candan.fr
Fri Aug 12 22:43:28 UTC 2011

Dear FBX community,

Lets firstly thank you all for your great job in this awesome project
that I am sure all the hackers' eyes are targeted on even more in this
tough time. I would like to share with the FBX community the fact of
the OpenUDC project. Here's a brief abstract that I got from its
website [1]:

"""
OpenUDC aims to define a set of open protocols and standards to
exchange new currencies, and to provide an open-source software
implementation of them.

UDC means Universal Digital Currencies or Universal Dividend
Currencies. Both definitions are fair since a currency in line with
the Universal Declaration of Human Rights [2] HAVE TO apply the
Universal Dividend.

The OpenUDC project has been launched through the meeting of the TRM
(Théorie Relative de la Monnaie [3]) and Universal Digital Currency
project (UDC project [3]).

The "Universal Monetary Dividend" [4] as defined in the TRM [5] is
more precise than the "Basic Income" [6] as it specifies where the
money comes from, how it is created, and why so.

OpenUDC implementations allow human members to exchange in a spirit of
equity, digital goods and services in space (between members) and in
time (between members and future members).
"""

I suggest you to read also this french article [7] (google translation
[8]) highlighting the weaknesses and mistakes of the Bitcoin currency
in opposition to OpenUDC which respects these members in time and
space. If I had to generalize it then I would say that the main key is
the symmetry in the economical system.

As OpenUDC is also based on a decentralized model and aiming to give
an alternative economical structure for these members freedoms as well
then in my own opinion, I think the project should be a part of the
FBX. It will then integrate a currency system providing for each
member an universal dividend.

Waiting for your feedback,

BR,
Caner.