[Freedombox-discuss] Email on the FreedomBox Discussion

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 06:44:41 UTC 2011

On 26 August 2011 04:24, John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com> wrote:

> I've been running web and mail servers out of my home for decades.
> Power blackouts are infrequent here (in San Francisco), but if you
> care, the vast majority of them can be handled with a small UPS
> (uninterruptable power supply).

This is okay for people with static IPs. For most people, end point
email on their FB is simply not an option because of dynamic IPs,
which may cause email to be delivered to an unknown computer if my
server is down.

Also, sending from dynamic IP addresses is nearly guaranteed to get
one's mail blocked by ISPs or webmail providers.

Abhishek