[Freedombox-discuss] Why is this list so quiet?

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Wed Feb 16 13:43:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question:

This mailing list seems quiet, doesn't it? Is that because the real
discussion takes place on IRC maybe? Given how important FreedomBox is and
will be, I'm very curious what the current plan for it is. I have seen press
mentions that do suggest that there is some very focused activity going on:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/16/nyregion/16about.html?_r=1
http://www.freedomboxfoundation.org/

So that makes me hopeful that some group of people is active on this, yet
they're just doing it somewhere else than on this mailing list. :)

In particular, I will soon have some free time to contribute to FreedomBox.
I'm an experienced programmer, but I don't know how to create Debian
packages. Is there any sense in us laymen creating experimental live CD's?
Or are there people already working on the Debian Pure Blend for freedombox?

Cheers,

Michiel.
Unhosted.org