[Freedombox-discuss] Why is this list so quiet?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Feb 16 22:04:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 04:05:14PM -0500, Andrew Schaaf wrote:
>	Backend language/engine:
>
>		Nothing but {NodeJS/Coffee, C modules when needed}

Sounds cool!  But also sounds like a big thing, coded from scratch.

Perhaps you could be interested in starting with a single concrete app
with a potential to become succesful on its own, and then grow from
there - also refining your intended "framework" of reusable components,
as you grow the palette of apps.

I just happen to know that the open.buddycloud.com project would be
_very_ interested in work which sounds like exactly in your league: xmpp
clients (and "component" server implementations as well) for their
XMPP-based federated social networking protocol.

Interested? See http://open.buddycloud.com/get-involved