[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Feb 18 20:40:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:21:13PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:49:19PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:

>>> So, let's go for a team-maintained packaging.
>>> Is someone on the list willing to help me with this?
>>
>> Please try first to seek help at existing Debian teams.
>
>Sorry, I'm not going to have much time for it soon.
>Perhaps, if you feel that netsukuku is an important project to make
>available to the freedombox (IMHO it is) then someone on the list could
>give me some help with the first steps. I need just a few hints per
>day, then I will do the dirty job. Otherwise I would spend months
>searching all those caveats by myself.
>I understand that your team is small, but the netsukuku team is way
>more.

To me FreedomBox is *not* packaging new cool stuff, but framing stuff
already prepared. I do feel that netsukuku looks promising.  But not
more important to me to work on than working on FreedomBox itself.

I am involved in 150+ packages already.  Trying hard to find *other*
ways to encourage more great code to be packaged for Debian than
engaging in the packaging myself.  So no, I won't help you directly.
But will be more than happy to help guide you in the right direction, in
ways that others can follow too.

>>> First of all, I have to create a bug report against WNPP? What's in
>>> the name?
>>
>> Did you actually read above URLs? Both of them?
>
>Yes.

Great.  Then please elaborate - what do you mean with "What's in the
name?"