[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and netsukuku

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 21:28:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:00:38PM +0100, Luca Dionisi wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> I've found a page that explains WNPP. Now I got that I need to file a
>> RFP bug report to the package WNPP.
>> I could have searched.
>
> No need to search, just follow the very first 5-10 lines of this:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-January/000347.html
>

> ...and please do tell me how I could perhaps have phrased that differently,
> to help improve my future guidance :-)

Ok, this was the content:
>> First step is to file an RFP or ITP bugreport about it.  I recommend
>> using the tool "reportbug" for that - found in the package by the
>> same name:
>>
>>  reportbug wnpp
>>
>> ...and then follow the command-line wizard.

It is NOT clear what a RFP or ITP is about.
It IS clear that reportbug is the name of the tool.
It is NOT clear that wnpp has to be written literally. One could argue
that in the context of the discussion wnpp was the name of the project
to be packaged.

Anyhow, now I gave this command on my ubuntu box:

reportbug -B debian --timeout 300 --email luca.dionisi at gmail.com wnpp

I use 5x the default timeout (found info about it) but the server does
not reply.
After asking the package name and description it waits 300 seconds and then:
Unable to connect to Debian BTS; continue [y|N|?]?

Should I retry at a later time?

Thanks alot.