[Freedombox-discuss] Q & A: Kickstarter cash, scope of project

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Feb 19 08:50:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:51:29PM -0500, James Vasile wrote:
>Thanks much for this.  Mind if I repost it and generally share it
>widely?

I can't see why that should be a problem, given that it is already quite
public:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-February/000438.html

...and with "quite" I mean that not only is it public interceptable as
with the IRC channel (i.e. anyone can get the message if they happen to
be at the right place at the right time) but it is public crawlable
(i.e. crawlers like Google and YaCi can and are encouraged to cache it).

Also, this very issue of public access[1] was discussed on the IRC
channel during the same time as it was approved to repost above message
here to the list, so I would find it highly unlikely that Eisenberg or
Sullivan would mind either.

  - Jonas

[1] or more specifically it was discussed if all would be ok to setup a
public log of the IRC channel - and a vague consensus was on doing it a)
when getting hold of channel admins who could properly advertise the
fact in the subject of the channel, and b) anonymize nicks of
participants.