[Freedombox-discuss] Willing to contribute

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Mon Feb 21 17:01:50 UTC 2011

You are welcome to join our Sunday Hackfests (US-morning/euro-afternoon,
each Sunday since yesterday, in the project IRC channel).

They are based on having fun, and exploring what should be on the
freedombox, for it to reach the seven goals specified on
http://www.freedomboxfoundation.org/goals/

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Hector Oron <hector.oron at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am currently thinking more on having fun and
> maybe play around to generate an image everyone could use. "Release
> early, release often" approach might be of use at this point.

Yesterday there were I guess about 5 or 6 of us doing stuff. Different
people pick, from the 7 goals, the one they find most interesting, and make
progress on it by trying stuff out on the central VM image. At the end of
each Sunday, we collect the progress on each of the goals, and mail it to
this mailing list, so that the project as a whole can hopefully profit from
our explorations and findings.

Also, the things we hack will hopefully become a draft version of a draft
version of a draft version of the Debian Pure Blend that we're trying to get
to.

Cheers,
Michiel