[Freedombox-discuss] Sunday HackFest

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Mon Feb 21 22:43:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> I think (1) is a long term goal

[...]

> Wifi mesh seems to me a definite "yes but later" thing.

I see your point, and prioritising is important - but I think the easiest
(or most anarchistic) way of prioritising these independent subtasks is by
parallelizing them (analogous to "Levin search" ;) ). Each person can choose
which of the goals to work on, and that way, people can "vote by example".
If everybody agrees that the most important part is, say, secure email, then
that is what will be worked on most, and thus be finished first. Also, it is
more fun because everybody chooses which part they feel is most important,
and want to work on. And it is also a sure-fire way to avoid the danger of
situations like this http://www.montypython.net/brianmm3.php#Scene 21 ;)

> > Next week I'll do another Sunday Hackfest with whoever wants to join, and
> > think we can make it a regular thing.
>
> That sounds like a very good idea - I'll try to make it :)

Great, see you there!