[Freedombox-discuss] Willing to contribute

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 23:05:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 13:41 +0000, Hector Oron wrote:
> I was planning to go through the mailing list archives and extract
> requirements and part of the design, we already have most of the
> pieces, but not in an organized manner where other developers can
> understand what is going on. Right now, this looks a bit like a farm
> with chickens with chopped heads running around, it would be nice if
> we could get some focus, at least try to get all chickens running in
> the same direction.

Organizing the requirements does sound productive and effective. The
archives must have a ton of them, many probably re-written many times
because no one knew someone already wrote it.

Prior to requirements, I'm used to starting with a list of use cases and
typical users that may not be comprehensive, but at least covers many.

I propose creating a "Users and Use Cases" page on the wiki to enumerate
users and how they would use the system. Then when we describe the
system's needs we could refer to users by category name or add new ones
as they come up.

Something like:

User 1
 - Description of User 1