[Freedombox-discuss] hardware and software maybe separate?

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 20:42:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

I agree on the pure blend approach. It will keep a clean, upgradable system.

As far as hardware is concerned I strongly believe that we should keep a
focus on small footfrint devices such as plug computers, servers and full
blown computers are not the aimed material here. Personnaly I am
experimenting with QNAP 109 with debian on it
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/orion/qnap/ts-109/ I am already finding
bottlenecks for stuff that will not run on this kind of platform (I have
servers for those). If you want to develop using a full-powered system you
might have some suprises when you want to fit it on a small slow device.

Arthur