[Freedombox-discuss] "What's a Distributed Social Network?" -- the comic

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 18:03:41 UTC 2011

The comic is a great start. People who said it was too technical or
makes things harder than necessary are probably right, but that's what
first drafts are for. Eben's talks are the results of years of editing
and practice.

I predict future versions of the comic will get the same information
across in half the length.

Suggestion 1: the plug-in device in the last couple pages is a big box
with a wire to the wall power source. I propose making it wall-wart
size. That's the size we expect, right? Plus it looks much simpler.

Suggesting 2: Instead of the terms distributed, decentralized, or
federated, I believe I have the perfect solution:

"p2p social networking"

I'd explain why I think it's perfect, but if it is it should stand on
its own.