[Freedombox-discuss] Independent email services

Thomas Lord lord at emf.net
Sun Feb 27 07:15:07 UTC 2011

> There should not be that much centralisation worries
> as long as there are enough (sub)domain providers you
> can choose from.

For example, in my extended family there are a few
of us who are tech-savvy.  We could coordinate to
set up and share out domains, a fat pipe, hard-to-
admin services and so on ... while other relatives
can still use their personal boxes for easier to admin
and most private stuff.

I think that is towards the right model of how these
things get deployed:  they are "sold" (or otherwise
got in the hands of) real world groups --- tribes ---
whether that means friends and family, clubs,
samizdat societies or what have you.   Within each group,
there are specialized roles.

-t
-----
my Freedombox notes accumulating at http://basiscraft.com