[Freedombox-discuss] Bitcoin?

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Sun Feb 27 13:50:52 UTC 2011

I've read through *every* email the FreedomBox Foundation has received
since its inception (and replied to almost all of them).  This is a very
passionate, skilled and creative community, and I enjoyed hearing your
ideas and plans quite a bit.  I filed as much of it as away I could so
we'll be able to give a report to our for future tech lead (s/he'll know
for example that by far the most mentioned feature was mesh networking),
but mostly I was reading to get an aggregate idea of what people seek in
this project.

You might also be interested to know that we received contact from
people of diverse backgrounds-- it wasn't all technologists.  I find
that encouraging, and I hope you do too.

One thing that suprised me was the number of requests for Bitcoin
support.  What this support consists of wasn't much specified in the
emails.  Still, just for the sake of my own personal curiosity, I'd like
to ask you all: does Bitcoin matter to you?  How would the Freedom Plug
support it?

In the interest of not being an information bottleneck, if you have
questions about the content of those emails, I'll try to answer them.

Thanks!