[Freedombox-discuss] feature request

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Feb 27 16:51:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:43:10PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:

>Hi, I just dropped in and catching up with the archives.

Welcome!

>Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but:
>
>* is IPv4/IPv6 dual stack support planned?
>* considering IPv6 for transport layers (initially mostly tunnels)?
>* is Android support planned?
>* DTN patches?
>* is decentral node discovery/routing within the project scope?

Some here work on inventing new code.

Others work on what Eben Moglen coined as FreedomBox back in July, which
spawned this very list: put existing well-maintained production-ready
code onto small Plug devices.

New code will eventually contain whatever - possibly including above.

Debian support some of above, but possibly not well enough for
production use: I honestly do not know, but if interested in this
approach, I will be quite happy to help get you in touch with the people
and teams involved with each of the areas of your concern, in the hope
that you will then return with a status for us here on those areas.

Please do tell if you are interested in working *with* existing
Debian-packaged and Debian-maintained code or on top of it.

Kind regards,