[Freedombox-discuss] freedombox & blackhats

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Mon Feb 28 18:31:54 UTC 2011

Most large networks I've been to that care about security would notice a
machine hardwired into their network that wasn't pre-approved based off the
mac address of the ethernet interface alone.  They'd be able to locate it
just by the wirepath.

Wireless is a different issue, but most internal wireless is configured to
only allow vpn traffic to their own gateway... so again blocked.

=/

But I suppose in more lax environments it might be easy to cause damage.
But it's not like this tech hasn't been around for near 10 years now.

-Matt