[Freedombox-discuss] Relationship driven privacy

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:41:37 UTC 2011

please, take a look on XMPP initiatives for federated social staff
with security and privacy in mind.
XMPP is very flexible and mature stack of protocols, and, with all
respect, we'll need the flexibility.

i'll repost:
http://primarypad.com/OeMj2ZnZqo list,

there are - enough projects in various states of progress.

Visual design and compound - i think - is the last thing to worry about now,
there is a need of strong - federated kernels upon which we could
build any design.

BTW - Lorea.org like n-1.cc has a pretty flexible design "format", too,

my opinion is - best tool for the job - we could divide some initiative projects
into chat/jingle/micro-blog/blog/office-pads/forums/wiki's/"buddy"-lists/group-lists/apps-list/dvcs-list/etc.
parts,
so - parts would be interchangeable in case of various distributives
or other, still - usable as a one infrastructure
with help of federation protocol(s); clever storage scheme's; useful ID's
 By that it would
be easier to see what can be united, where to line the privacy layers, etc.
That's all - i'm talking about social level of F-Boxes, if F-Box
foundation is aimed
to replace the whole proprietary stack that mostly used now (including
Twitter, LinkedIn, GMail, GDocs, tumblr..
including Google+ ofc. - will they federate to some degree, or not)

PS:
kind of http://www.freecloudalliance.org/project/ung
with unhosted.org could be the approach to think about.