[Freedombox-discuss] Rouge Freedomboxes and government intervention

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Jul 2 18:53:21 UTC 2011

On 11-07-02 at 09:11am, Tony Godshall wrote:
> > I want FreedomBox to *only* be a tool to insist on using the private
> > home as platform for internet activities.
> >
> > I do *not* want FreedomBox to be a waepon or a shield in itself, but
> > make it easy to extend with such as plugins.
> >

> > I just wanna make FreedomBox.
> >
> > Apparently you wanna make
> > (anyonepotentiallybecomesa)FreedomfighterBox!
>
> And which definition fits best with those who coined the term?

Eben Moglen coined the term "FreedomBox".

His keynote talk "How We Can Be the Silver Lining of the Cloud" at
Debconf 10 triggered the creation of this list.

Perhaps you watch and judge for yourself:
http://penta.debconf.org/dc10_schedule/events/641.en.html

...or tell why if my emphasis on this particular talk is unreasonable.