[Freedombox-discuss] Why FreedomBox would not be a router ?

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Tue Jul 5 22:39:18 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 11:52 PM, Charles N Wyble wrote:

> On 07/04/2011 07:57 PM, Marc Loupias wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> If i understand well, you guys wants to make a simple computer
>> (like a
>> plug) behind the ISP box to deliver services for the user.
>
>  One part FreedomBox and one part byzantium mesh bits (see
> http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/Byzantium for more).

hi,

no papers and no standards   just one not public available
presentation ?

security by obscurity ?

> The server component can be shipped very soon (I'm targeting a full
> release of my
> data ownership/fbox stack on August 1st).

  server ?

>  Please see http://wiki.knownelement.com/index.php?title=Data_Ownership
>  for more
> details. I've been one guy hacking on this stuff. Little bit each and
> every day. Been about 18 months now. Almost completed.

Where is this linked on the freedomboxfoundation / debian site ?

greetings

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231