[Freedombox-discuss] Persistent Personal Names for Globally Connected Mobile Devices

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 01:19:00 UTC 2011

> I am interested about your opinion
+1 !

I'v heard of this or kind of - system a few years ago,

>automatically arrange connectivity when possible,
>both in ad hoc networks and using global infrastructure when
>available.

it's a very good idea, i think,

for example - FreedomBox with some
next gen WiFi and mobiles with that WiFi could
help to lower the dominance of Mobile Operators corporations,
for, first of all - Privacy and Security.
I could post an evidence links, if it's needed;

-- connecting with each other and translating Internet through
each other -- from the FreedomBox bases.

i'v heard and seen some demonstration, as i remember,
that it's really possible to use Cell Network with these kind
of systems even so - big part of users doesn't have a Cell network coverage,

by that - i think- translating Internet is also, completely possible.
And, internet - given the Jingle / webrtc.org kind of systems - could,
possibly replace some
part of usual GSM/UMTS/etc. networks.