[Freedombox-discuss] Persistent Personal Names for Globally Connected Mobile Devices

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Mon Jul 11 18:25:13 UTC 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 3:31 AM, nathan nolast wrote:

> i love these types of discussions, the freedombox creating its own
> darknet if you will. Instead of having things like an exit enclave,
> we could have entrance enclaves where users that are not in a
> location that they can tap into the darknet could use their
> traditional ISP to anonymously connect and partake in the network.
>
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM, ya knygar <knygar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am interested about your opinion
> +1 !
>
> I'v heard of this or kind of - system a few years ago,
>
> >automatically arrange connectivity when possible,
> >both in ad hoc networks and using global infrastructure when
> >available.
>
> it's a very good idea, i think,
>
> for example - FreedomBox with some
> next gen WiFi and mobiles with that WiFi could
> help to lower the dominance of Mobile Operators corporations,
> for, first of all - Privacy and Security.
> I could post an evidence links, if it's needed;

thanks for commenting...........

I have one little concern , here in germany (maybe somewhere else ? )
we have a law called "Störerhaftung"

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%B6rerhaftung

i cant find a proper translation for it ( disturber
responsibility  ? ) , but in short it means that the owner of a wifi/
hotspot or whatever its called
when you share an ip with others, you are responsible !! , so if
someone downloads mp3s, porn, the owner could be be impeached.
and it happend several time here in germany.   >>>>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardriving
    !!

I think thats the reason   http://fon.com  changed their concept, so
you need to be "registred" to join any network
so your not annonymous nomore................

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/0,1518,694452,00.html

IMHO this affects all open wifi networks /mesh like freifunk
whatever...........

i am not sure how we could  handle  this problem, technicaly.

greetings

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231