[Freedombox-discuss] Working Groups

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:16:00 UTC 2011

> There should definitely be a separate WG for user interface
> discussions, which so far now, has not received much attention on the
> list.
+1

>network
>protocols and privacy/identity distribution WG should be created.
+1
-

I think:

the easiest would create(Etherpad, yeah) - add to some wiki list All
the propositions from here - already, from TAC, reuse from other projects
FBox alike, related initatives..  in form of one Big list,
after that - vote up for each feature to start with,

after that - combine, merge, mix individual features in groups, looking
at the places where groups interests are crossed and - separate this
in another kind of groups, so, all the structure could be Easy understandable
for new-comers, contributors, investors.

i hope - looking at the possible *size* of FBox - tag/categories
system would find its
place - helping the structurization needs, or, maybe, it won't be
needed - but - if these cross-interest
"groups" would be *formed* in other, still - obvious for observers - way.

Making the very large by mean of focus - groups - that wouldn't need
these trans-operability "groups"
to act in such a strong-coupled manner,
could be hard to maintain, however - Debian has the experience,
i think.

PS: my vote is for GitHub -- github.com/mozilla shows that it's very
productive - to have a possibility
of broad outer fork and help, it helps to widespread and given that
GithHub is the largest rep collector,
including these project that may be used in FBox, it helps the actual
coding process.
However i don't know if GitHub itself wouldn't be considered a
proprietary cloud that we need to move off :)

Anyway - git system is what i recommend.