[Freedombox-discuss] Working Groups and commercial tools

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:53:30 UTC 2011

> Makes sense to leave it to each group how they operate.  But please
> think twice before choosing cool-but-commercially-controlled tools at
> github or Google or Ubuntu or wherever: It might be fine initially with
> everyone in the group, but may discourage later contributions to that
> group from some of the careful/paranoid among us (myself included).

i think so, definitely, Google products (very, i think should be All
replaced in FBox, BTW)
and GitHub(partly) would be a
dis-appealing, can't say about Ubuntu, i'v thought, besides it's cloud storage,
it's a very FLOSS *company*

GitHub is a matter of seriously-weighted decision,
i'v hear unhosted.org has some friends working
on unhosted github or kind, there was a discussion, also
- https://groups.google.com/group/unhosted/browse_thread/thread/6377574327225bae?hl=en

The best if some very innovative, probably beta, still - usable
ERP/DVCS(https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Distributed_revision_control)
/IDE systems would be used for coordinating and working on FreedomBox
itself, producing the transfer-forking of existing projects
to the one place could be very helpful, so we need to see the all
ups/downsides of such a decisions.

Making hype isn't bad if it's roots in innovation.