[Freedombox-discuss] Friendika

Mike Macgirvin mike at macgirvin.com
Fri Jul 15 21:52:10 UTC 2011

> so here's the key question:
> is it possible/easy to move my account with its profiles and contacts to
> a different Friendika instance (e.g. one running on *my* server)?  I
> don't see an option for that.

Export is currently working (in the Settings section) but we don't yet
have the import side working. [Only two part time developers and a
handful of occasional contributors.] The new zot protocol provides for
account forwarding (like mail or phone forwards) and we may lean that
direction rather than a full DB import/export. We typically run into PHP
memory issues trying to handle very large data blobs and probably need
to do a full migration through system scripts, which bypass PHP
per-process memory limitations.