[Freedombox-discuss] VOIP application layer

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Mon Jul 18 09:41:21 UTC 2011

On Jul 18, 2011, at 4:24 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> "SIP on its own" is a complete fucking bitch, as anyone with any
> knowledge of SIP knows, due to the utterly stupid requirement that the
> RTP protocol be transmitted over completely random ports as specified
> by the fucking *initiator* of the incoming SIP call, *not* the
> recipient.  this alone _completely_ fucks up SIP for use on the
> internet, and it's what sipwitch tries - but does not yet succeed -

Hi  luke,  i agree

Lets face  the facts ,  the last guy i remember talking about peer 2
peer teleophony
he called it , "open skype" was  http://www.itojun.org  , God rest his
soul.

Flash know about peer 2 peer
http://whydoeseverythingsuck.com/2008/05/adobe-introduces-p2p-flash-player-kills.html
http://whydoeseverythingsuck.com/2008/05/flash-10-p2p-and-cdns-deeper-analysis.html

But i never heard of any "opensouce"  peer 2 peer projects . anyone
else ?

thanks and have a great day

Marc

P.S. What does this bullshit mean ? Once its working and once my
posting is rejected ?
i can understand that a .tk domain, like i used before for my facebook
profile gets blocked
but this is an .org domain and its hosted by myself

<freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org>: host
    lists.alioth.debian.org[217.196.43.134] said: 550-Blacklisted URL in
    message. (o p e n cu.org) in [black]. See 550 http://lookup.uribl.com
. (in
    reply to end of DATA command)