[Freedombox-discuss] http://politics.slashdot.org/story/11/07/18/0153204/Security-Consultants-Warn-About-PROTECT-IP-Act

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Mon Jul 18 20:14:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 12:19 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> a non-centralised non-attackable truly peer-to-peer
> replacement for the existing DNS infrastructure.

Is this something the FreedomBox Debian project or the FreedomBox
Foundation have committed to producing?

Such a replacement would be an extremely sophisticated product of the
conjunction of multiple technological advancements that simply don't
exist yet. It was my understanding that the Freedombox project was more
about integrating existing systems than attempting to develop novel
solutions.

Could someone with actual decision-making power (someone who works with
the FBFoundation in some officially-recognized capacity or someone who
has contributed packaging or code to this project) answer this
question?