[Freedombox-discuss] Working Groups

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:44:09 UTC 2011

offtopic follows..

@James Vasile
Mailman also has an option
to avoid duplicates, can't remember if
it's on by default, but - for me - all this config everytime,
where you are using mailmans month after month is
annoying. Damping the old mail from archives to search
through - also.

However - thanks for the suggestion! i'v tried the bat, thunderbird,
few outlooks,
clients for gmail, some time ago.
I was glad - when mail with web clients appeared,
as all these migrations between systems, OS's
while - offline clients were used for contacts base, also
 - were a terrible experience, maybe now it's more sustainable.

anyway - that's the type of cloud that have a big advantage,
as - one could use it everywhere - like i do often,
or because it's stable and you can trust the cloud easier
than your HDD in terms of failure-resistance.

I think - web mail is one - particular system that could be hosted
in FreedomBox if/when FBoxes would be used as hosting.
However - i don't see the variant to maintain the stable
storage except of some kind of torrent system with stable norm
of 5+ seeds for your data. The HDD capacity are here, a long time ago,
but these kind distributed systems aren't, seems like people
are failing to believe that it's possible, just like with distributed Search.

I see that Mail is  - that basis that many here - talk about.
I have searched for a solution awhile ago
but ended in proprietary cloud.. haven't seen any good OSS
and concluded that mailing systems are kind of - condemned, recently.

maybe that's why i pursue federated social networks)

i think - in one way or another - some system will prove that
possibility, maybe freenet has proven something, beyond it's flaws.