[Freedombox-discuss] GMail Man: Microsoft's anti Gmail advert

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Thu Jul 28 21:51:34 UTC 2011

It looks like there is a shift in Microsoft regarding cloud computing. With this advert "Gmail Man" Microsoft that is in charge of Hotmail - a bigger service than Google Mail I am told - is spreading the FreedomBox idea of the danger of "spying for free".

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrkAuwaoFGg

Is Microsoft foolish, or is it that they see that they are in a unique position to make money off the fears of centralisation - by selling personal mail servers - just as well as they can make money off centralised spy financed services?

  Well the meme they are propagating here is the one the freedom box group has started. Could it be we are witnessing a major shift of strategy?

	Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/