[Freedombox-discuss] the FreedomBox 'bump' challenge

Stefano Maffulli stefano at maffulli.net
Tue Jun 14 16:07:31 UTC 2011

Hi Weaver,

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 14:45 +1000, Heddle Weaver wrote:
> What are the chances, being picked up by authorities, of the authority
> figure getting a read on his FreedomBox and being privy to all
> conversation from there on in.
> Not easy to facilitate for one without the other.

I'm not sure I understand this part. Can you please write it in a
different way?

> Another way would be to create clear documentation for how a key is
> generated.
> It's trivial now through most OS mail clients.

Yes, true: creating a key may be trivial. What is still not trivial
though is managing the keys and managing the web of trust. Also, keep in
mind that the scenario I pictured includes mobile devices: not your
regular email client and definitely not your regular hard drive in a
closet.

Is there somebody in San Francisco interested in discussing this more?
Beer or coffee facilitate thinking and coding/wireframing :)

cheers
stef