[Freedombox-discuss] the FreedomBox 'bump' challenge

Clint Adams clint at debian.org
Wed Jun 15 22:33:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 02:56:10PM -0700, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> If I understand it correctly, it's part of the standard
>
>  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2426.txt

It has KEY, which is supposed to contain the entire certificate,
which is, as other people have said, highly impractical in
a QR code.  I don't see anything else relevant.

> but the addressbook software I use daily doesn't offer a GUI to edit
> those fields.

I believe that dkg has suggested OPENPGPFPR4 for fingerprints, and
kaddressbook uses X-KADDRESSBOOK-OPENPGPFP for the same.

If there are going to be smartphone applications extracting
this information, it might be wise to standardize.