[Freedombox-discuss] ZRTP

Yannick sevmek at free.fr
Wed Mar 2 22:21:45 UTC 2011

Le mercredi 02 mars 2011 à 21:53 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> >And ZRTP:
> >
> >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZRTP
>
> Sorry, but this is not Free Software.  Yes, advertised as such, but
> try
> actually fetch the code and it turns out it isn't - and there is no
> response when emailing them asking nicely about it.
>
> Please do prove me wrong!

ZRTP is already used in softphones like Twinkle or Sip Communicator, as
I'm myself part of the Ekiga team we're hoping to get it in our
softphone too since a long time but we lack enough man power...

There is several free implementations like http://www.zrtp.org/ (AGLP 3)
or http://www.gnutelephony.org/index.php/GNU_ZRTP (GPL 3) and the
specifications are proposed to be an RFC
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp/

Quite frankly I do not see any issue using it...

Best regards,
Yannick