[Freedombox-discuss] imap <-> http proxy? was Re: email recommendations?

Joseph Annino joeaguy at joeaguy.com
Fri Mar 4 04:13:38 UTC 2011

This notmuch thing looks great and could give me a lot of functionality with less to worry about. It has a python library too. I have to look into this more. My goal is more to make a set of integrated web apps starting with an email client, so I can build django and javascript glue around whatever works. Thanks for these links. I might look into making a jsonrpc then web interface on notmuch.

Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:11:54 -0500, James Vasile <james at hackervisions.org> wrote: > Joe, take a look at notmuch, the email db backend. It's the fastest, > easiest way to snarf a bunch of mail into a db and then organize it by > tags (which of course can also be called folders). It's headed for 1.0 > and is fairly stable and robust. There are no significant web clients > built on it, but if you base on this you can do UI and have the backend > largely done out of the box. Actually, someone has already put together a very minimal web front-end for notmuch: http://github.com/dme/noneatall It hasn't really seen much development, but it's a start. Notmuch is really brilliant, and would make a brilliant back-end for a web mail client. jamie.