[Freedombox-discuss] Store-and-forward is a necessity

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Mar 4 12:00:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

NB! Please do not cc me: I am subscribed to the list.

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 11:53:38AM -0800, Tony Godshall wrote:

>[1] quote from  http://www.zfone.com/faq.html
>
>From it's FAQ:
>
>Q: Is Zfone open source?
>
>A: No. The Zfone application is not available under the GPL, the AGPL,
>or any other open source license. However, the Zfone libZRTP SDK
>library is published under the AGPL open source license. The SDK is
>also available under a commercial license, in a dual-licensing model.
>See our Licensing Policy page for details.

Above statement is what I commented on initially: The library (not only
the app) clearly states in the source itself that it is *not* free.

Thanks for pointing out that other libraries exist that indeed are free.
 From griefly looking at those, I did not find any of them easily usable,
however - e.g. lacks Makefiles or do not provide the libXRTP API (which
makes it more work to integrate with e.g. Asterisk).