[Freedombox-discuss] Confused about this project

Clint Adams clint at debian.org
Fri Mar 4 21:58:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 03:40:24PM -0600, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> When I joined the list about a week and a half ago, I thought that the
> goal of the project was to create a Freedom Box based on a pluggable
> computer like the SheevaPlug or PogoPlug. From what I read, the hardware
> platform had pretty much been decided and all that was left was to
> create a software stack.

You are correct.  The project is to integrate software on a plug
computer, running Debian.  If it runs on other platforms, great,
but that is not the main focus.

I agree that the first step in that is ease of administration, as
described by John Gilmore[0].  Unfortunately, it seems that most
of us find that step to be the least interesting to work on.

[0] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-March/000888.html