[Freedombox-discuss] AGPL code for the FreedomBox?

Les Orchard l.m.orchard at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 17:19:12 UTC 2011

On Wed Mar  9 12:10:06 2011, Robinson Tryon wrote:

> How long do we believe github urls will be valid? 2 years? 5 years?
> AFAIK Github has no allegiance to the FreedomBox project. I think we
> should definitely consider permanent urls that don't run the risk of
> being capriciously null-routed when someone at Github corporate finds
> our project "objectionable".

I'm just talking about individuals who modify FreedomBox code. How they
choose to make an offer of source code is up to them. But users of
plain-vanilla FreedomBox have no particular obligation, IMO.

As for FreedomBox itself - as far as I understand, it's under the aegis
of Debian, and should be able to take advantage of the infrastructure
supporting Debian. No need for github in particular there.