[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox-discuss Digest, Vol 8, Issue 37

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Mon Mar 14 00:18:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 19:46:46 -0500, Les Orchard <l.m.orchard at pobox.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, maybe we can build the box from what's in Debian's
> toy chest, user friendly or not. Along the way, build a backbone of UX
> that can itself one day be a proper Debian package.

Yes, this is what I expect to happen.

One of my objectives is that we deliver a proper subset of Debian, which
means that anything we need to author or package that's not already in
Debian will end up packaged for Debian.

I intend that it be just as possible for a savvy Debian user to start
with a random platform that is supported by Debian to get full
Freedombox functionality as we hope it will eventually be for a
non-savvy user to buy a packaged unit of hardware with an instance of
our stack pre-loaded and "just turn it on".

Bdale