[Freedombox-discuss] Iomega iConnect lessons for FreedomBox

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Thu Mar 24 22:08:02 UTC 2011

> Thanks for the info.  We're going to need something of this kind, so I'm
> quite interested in it.  We already have the Debian wiki, and I'm a
> little hesitant to have two wikis.  But maybe a dev wiki and a help wiki
> makes sense.  This takes us in a useful direction.  Thanks, Les!

Yes. This is essential. Have something for end users to look at and
interact with. Have
developer stuff separate. Of course anyone is welcome to participate in
either forum,
however it enforces initial separation and not having information
overload. Having a
hard core technical wiki and a brochure/engagement site is useful.

For example look at bitcoin. They have bitcoin.org and recently
weusecoins.org has sprung up.
Big difference between them and the audiences that they serve.