[Freedombox-discuss] Sharebox and tools for generating FreedomBox images

Lars Wirzenius liw at liw.fi
Tue May 31 19:12:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 01:59:27PM -0400, ian at churchkey.org wrote:
> I tend to agree with you that we need ways to distribute pre-configured
> system images, but once we deploy them we will need a similarly robust
> upgrade mechanism. Does your build system offer ways for upgrading or
> replacing existing systems?

It's a real Debian system, so the usual Debian tools (apt-get/aptitude)
work for upgrades. The only difference from a usual Debian system is
that it uses extlinux as the bootloader, instead of grub-pc, and
that's only because I failed to get grub-pc to install onto the
disk image. (Patches most welcome.)

--
Freedom-based blog/wiki/web hosting: http://www.branchable.com/