[Freedombox-discuss] prosody vs ejabberd

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Oct 9 18:26:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Bdale Garbee <bdale at gag.com> wrote:
> I could use input from people who have *actually used* prosody and/or
> ejabberd about your experiences and the resulting pros and cons of the
> two daemons.
>
> At the moment, it appears that either could be a plausible choice for
> the foundation's reference implementation, but it's time to pick one.
>
> Bdale

I use ejabberd on a variety of x86 hardware including FitPC
(https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Fit-PC), OLPC XO-1
(https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/OLPC_XO-1) and FitPC2
(https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Fit-PC#fit-PC2) in the
context of running a school server server for OLPC projects. OLPC uses
ejabberd by default.

On the XO1, the entire OS including ejabberd and database etc. run
from a SD card. On the FitPCs we use a 64GB SSD.

Hope this helps.

Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.