[Freedombox-discuss] Allied Efforts.

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Thu Oct 20 05:41:43 UTC 2011

Hi!

On 11:29 Thu 20 Oct     , Paul Gardner-Stephen wrote:
> We are also actively engaging in the IEEE 802.11 standards process to
> get ad-hoc fixed (ask me if you need information about the problems
> with using ad-hoc WiFi to form mesh networks),

What exactly do you mean? I can imagine supporting dealing with lots of
devices + drivers is a pain and I remember an email somewhere whishing for
lower rates for better sensitivity.

> and also to standardise
> the use of the cellular radio present in all phones to allow ad-hoc
> packet radio in the ISM915 band to allow long-range mesh networking.

I am looking forward for this.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com