[Freedombox-discuss] Entropy from the soundcard

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Sep 14 15:50:06 UTC 2011

On 09/14/2011 10:58 AM, Michael Rogers wrote:
> I don't have access to a Freedombox prototype, but I was wondering
> whether someone who does could do a couple of quick experiments?

You could "apt-get install randomsound" on your own machine (or with a
USB device you think might be an option), audit it, and report your
findings :)  It doesn't need to be a Freedombox prototype to verify that
the software is doing a reasonable thing.

  http://www.digital-scurf.org/software/randomsound

If it does work, and your audit writeup is straightforward, then someone
who has the specific hardware in question can try to replicate it.

thanks for pushing on this!

	--dkg