[Freedombox-discuss] WLAN firmware soldered onto hardware

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Sep 19 18:44:10 UTC 2011

On 11-09-19 at 01:04pm, Felipe Sanches wrote:
> This is so sick! They seem to be trying to hide the trash...

Sickness is on FSF for suggesting and encouraging that approach.

Sorry for my lousy introduction on the matter to this list.  The
interesting part is that alternative approach only briefly referenced on
that web page I linked to previously: to rehash the work attempted by
OLPC but apparently stalled for three years.

More info here (and the surrounding posts in that thread):
http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-September/000335.html

Regards,