[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox in the Chronicle of Higher Education

Nick Daly Nick.M.Daly at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 16:54:14 UTC 2011

Marc Manthey <marc at let.de> writes:  > On Sep
23, 2011, at 6:31 PM, Rick wrote: > >> It looks very much like a
dreamplug, I have two.  >> >>
http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-dreamplugdetails.aspx > >
Woulnt it make more sense to have a mobile with android, because
you > have a display and a keyboard ?  >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QgdKd1eWuM > > Most of the modern
mobile phones have the same or more power then the > Marvel 1.2
Ghz Chip.   Marc, sorry if I came across as short last night.  I
was wondering what you would use a plug-server with a touchscreen
display, like the one attached to a BeagleBoard [0] for?  That's
doing something with the hardware that I never even considered,
and I'd be interested to hear more about what you'd want to do
with it.   Also, are you suggesting that we should build a FBX
distribution for (rooted) mobile phones?  That might be a good way
to get the FBX in the hands of a lot of people, without making
folks buy new hardware they don't already have.

Nick

0: http://www.liquidware.com/shop/show/BB-BT/BeagleTouch
--
GPG: 0x4C682009 | 084E D805 31D8 5391 1D27  0DE1 9780 FD4D 4C68 2009